Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel pump problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Nov 17, 2003.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The truck died on me driving home the other night, and trying to figure out what was wrong i noticed that the fuel pump was not coming on, yesterday i drop the tank pull the assembly out of it and replace to pump and sock filter, put it all back in and still no power to the pump, is there any kind of relay or something else electrical that i need to look for? All of the fuses are good and the truck acts like it wants to run just no fuel getting into the engine /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

what year truck is it? in general if it has an electric in tank pump/sender, you have a fuel pump relay, the one in our s-blazer is underhood on the drivers side in the battery junction box, if that helps, fuel pump relays are usually the more rectangular looking kind as well..pop the hood, swap a couple relays and see what happens, also check the fuses..im thinking maybe a 15 amp, but check them all

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

its a 89, any idea where these relays are mounted? TIA

4. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

It should be on the firewall, just above the A/C and heater hoses go thru.