Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Pump problems in a 98

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by txfireman110, Jan 21, 2004.

1. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifHas anyone done anything to convert from the EXPENSIVE fuel pump in the 97---->?? in tank fuel "module"????

Mine is out and the cheapest that is available is $269.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Is there a way to go to a cheaper fuel pump???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

wow yea my intank pump went out when i stopped for gas. kinda funny you pull in put half a tank and it wount crank up. Mine was only like $80 I think it was like 2 years ago that it happened.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

in 96(i think) you hvae to replace the entire sending unit to change the pump. i had to change it on my bosses truck (99 chevy old body) and it didn't look like you could just the pump at all with out destroying the sending unit.

you might be able to run an aftermarket pump that will create the pressure to start a vortec engine.