Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel pump wiring???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kustom71, Sep 24, 2003.

1. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

Hey just wondering if anyone knows what color the wire is that goes to the fuel pump and sending unit on a gas tank from a 87 or 88 k5 with TBI
    thanks

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Check this diagram. Looks like pink w/a black tracer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

3. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Just dropped my tank in my 87 yesterday. I'll look tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

OK on my 87 I have a Violet wire (purple whatever) and a gray wire. Both are solid colors, no stripes. I checked up into the harness to make sure they weren't discolored. I removed the fuel pump/sending unit from the tank and the wires are still the same colors. Now the diagram in my Chiltons shows a pink and a tan/white wires. That's all I can tell you. I don't know why Chiltons and what Krazie87's diagrams are different in unless their just freakin wrong. I hope this helps you.

5. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

It does help thanx
    mine are also gray and purple but i forgot witch was connected to witch after i put the tank back up!!!!
    Thanx again /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

No problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yes, the Chiltons diagram is wrong /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I found that out too looking at my brother-in-laws /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif over the weekend. I think I have his problem narrowed down to either the ECM or ICM not sure just yet though. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif