Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel pump?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pto blazer, Dec 27, 2006.

1. pto blazer

pto blazer Registered Member

Today my '89 Blazer (350 t.b.i.) was hard to start, it took a while, she turned over good but wouldn't start for a while, something she has never done before. Now she just won't start, I took off the air cleaner cover and poured in some gas, she fired right up and then died. Its the fuel pump, isn't it? I have never pulled a tank, never changed one thats in the tank. Is there anything else I could do or be missing? The fuel filter was changed less than two years ago, I have never put any questionable gas in her. Thank you, Jim.

2. 90v1500

90v1500 Registered Member

Yeah, it sounds like the fuel pump:( . It could be the fuel pump relay though, check it first. Also try banging on the tank, sometimes that works...

3. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

I hated dropping the tank so much that i just removed the bed of the truck.

4. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

i've pulled the bed on a '92 c1500 to swap fuel pumps, but for obvious reasons, that won't work with a blazer. honestly, the way the the tank is mounted and surrounded in these rigs, i'd almost be inclined to cut a hole in the floor to get to the pump...almost.