Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Pump................

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well it's time to get a new fuel pump for my K5 so I would like to hear from my fellow brothers & sisters what type of mechanical fuel pump do you have/recomend for replacing my stock pump on a 350 with an Edelbrock 750cfm 1901 Q-Jet???
    Thanks

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I bought a brandnew Holley High Volume from Jegs for $53 and the damn thing hits the motor mount so I couldnt bolt it up. Well the inlet tube hits the motor mount. If I were to buy the holley that rotates, I could simply turn the inlet around. Anyways, it just sits in my garage right now. $53 lost. Oh well.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks Waxer, I hadn't thought about that!!
    I'll look at mine tonight to see how my clearence is around the stock unit!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

When I built by SBC last winter I used a plain old stock fuel pump. Nothing fancy 20$ at Advance auto parts and it has done me good.. I have ran the thing dry 5-6 times (I should say my WIFE ran the thing dry) no problems. I have holley Qjet and edelbrock performer intake. It keeps up with everything good.

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I have just installed the Holley 12-327 pump for my #1902 Edelbrock carb a few weeks ago. No problems at all. The pump is rotateable. I had no problems clearing the engine mount.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

Electric fuel pumps work well with a fuel reg valve. I ran one on my 73 Road Runner (440). It provides a constant pressure and you can adjust it when you see fit. I'm going to put one on my 74 Blazer before the end of the year.

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with Oldsteel. I went through 3 mechanical fuel pumps when I first bought my 84(worn cam lobe on a 305) and finally switched to a two-stage electric pump installed back by the tank. I haven't had a problem since, and also noticed an increase in power, too. You'll also eliminate the chance of vapor lock in the pump in really warm climates.

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Now how can you get vapor lock up there where you all live in igloos?
    We folks from the states know about you Canadians....can't pull the wool over our eyes....hehehehehe

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I just got back from chopping some fresh iceblocks for my roof. On the way I had to get out my harpoon and kill a seal for tomorrow's breakfast, as well. Good thing the sled dogs were ready!!!