Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel pump?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, May 12, 2002.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>What pump will fit in place of a stock 87 TBI pump and put out enough pressure (43 psi) for tuned port injection?

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I think you will need to go electric pump

3. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>All EFI pumps are electric. I have a 31 gallon tank and sending from an 87 K5 (that came with TBI, so it has an electric pump) but the pump that came with it doesnt put out enough pressure for TPI. I need to know what pump will fit in the 87 sending unit and put out enough pressure for TPI. Going to the parts store is less of a hassle when you can just tell the register operator behind the counter what year, make, model, color and engine size to put into the computer

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Probably just a factory TPI IROC pump. Ask this question on www.thirdgen.org on the TPI board, there's a guy that is a pump guru that I can't remember his name /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif but others will know. Haven't had an in-tank pump so I can't say what it looks like, but I would *think* an IROC pump would be the exact fit on the TBI tank...........if so, ask for a '90 IROC fuel pump and eyeball it. Let me know what you find.

5. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Thats what I was thinking too, I just wanted to see if someone knew for sure before I went to the parts store. I'll bring my spare TBI pump to the dealer tomorow and see if an IROC pump will match. Thanks for the link, that f-body site is great

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

You're welcome. I'm reasonably sure it will be a direct replacement..............but 'reasonably' isn't 'positive' /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif