Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Pump

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, May 17, 2002.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Alright, fuel pump is going bad, short inside tank and is loud as hell. Question is, where to buy new one, should I go in the tank, or mount external one? I have a 350 TBI right now, but going to go to a 454 and Turbo City TBI, can I buy one pump now and use it on 350 and still have it work on 454 TBI system. If so, will I need a regulator for pump pressure. Obviously, I would like to only buy one good quality pump and make it work for both applications. Thanks in advance for any info or knowledge on this.

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Walbro pump!! I got one, Steve Fox has one and so does Shawn Spickler on Offroad.com. Shawn has a beefy big block. Email Shawn for the page. The pump was about $100. and came with everything. I run the Commander 950 fuel injection and have had no problems. I run around 21 psi.

3. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Keith, or anyone, do you have a regulator in-line and if not how do you regulate pressure. Is it set on the pump before install? Next, how about a guage an manifold for pressure readings? Is it neccessary or just extra monitering. Is so, can you get a remote guage mounted within rig? Thanks. Joel

4. Charly

Charly Registered Member

When i was looking for TBI pumps, the 454 and the 350 pumps had the same PN from Carquest (Airtex)

5. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

My Holley set up has the regulator built in. Other monitering would be nice but not necessary.