Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FUEL PUMP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lilbeast, Dec 16, 2000.

1. lilbeast

lilbeast Newbie

GREETINGS

HAVING A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE FUEL PUMP.. 87 JIMMY...EVRY TIME I GO 4WHEELING.....FUEL PUMP DECIDES TO BLOW THE CIRCUIT......HAVE CHANGED EVERYTHING FROM FUSE BOX ..TO FUEL PUMP ....TO WIRES GOING TO FUEL TANK .....NEXT STOP NEW HARNESS.....

ANY ONE ELSE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM......

THANKS
    RICK..........EAT THE BEAST OR THE BEAST EATS YOU....

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Um excuse me Officer, but could you turn off the cap locks? You're making my eyes bleed![​IMG]
    Did you check if any of the wires might have a bare spot that shorts when you're getting all flexy?

Rene

[​IMG]

3. lilbeast

lilbeast Newbie

sorry about the caps .....didnt realize they were on with the jelly squeezing out of my donut and all ..(man do i hate donut jokes)...

and yes i did check on the bare spots ...none that i can find ...

i did like the "Officer" salutation......... FEED DA BEAST

rick

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I don't know the answer to your problem, I just wanted to say Hi and welcome.
    There is a whole thread dedicated to donuts in the "non-4x4" forum [​IMG][​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Dunno the answer, but let's try for one thing. When was the fuel filter last replaced. Guessing that theoretically the back pressure from a plugged filter could roast a fuse. Other than that I would check out the amp draw on the pump wire and see if it is indeed pulling too much.....don't know what they should pull, but figure if it is above the fuse amp rating it ain't right.

Grew up on Long Island in Valley Stream.........welcome aboard the best board for K5's/GM's on the web.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

6. lilbeast

lilbeast Newbie

hey there

thanks on the welcome ....all these years i thought i was the only one in the world that loved his k5 that much ....
    Blazzin thats a mean looking 5 u got there ....enjoy it ...

thanks fo the tips .....

rick ...................stab him with those steely knives but u just cant kill the beast....

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There's one last piece of wire that you haven't changed. The part that runs from the top of the tank down to the fuel pump. [​IMG] There's a feed-through grommet where the wire goes through the top of the sending unit assembly. There could be a worn spot right there or in the pump itself. It's a real PITA since you have to drop the tank to get to any of it. But since you said you've already replaced the rest of the wiring...

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com