Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel pump?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Mar 8, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Well I am pretty sure my fuel pump went out. I was in the middle of a wheeling trip this weekend and it died. When i turn on the key I dont here my pump and when I try to start it I see no fuel so I am going to change it. Did any one ever find the post where the guy cut out part of his floor rifght above the tank and built a trap door /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif. I was going to do this butwas hoping for some measurements. If not I will do it and post measurements for anyone else. This sucks /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

before you cut a hole above the tank make sure that you have oil pressure. by that i mean make sure that the oil pressure sender is good. the ecm needs to get signal from the oil sender to keep the fuel pump running. also check your fuel pump relay.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Make sure the pump is even getting power before hacking up the truck. Should be a two prong connector somewhere near the tank.