Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel question...curious?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 82K5_6.5L, May 5, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well last nite i went to the gas station and my buddy let me use his debit card to fill up my tank cuz he owed me..so i guess i had more fuel than i thought.. so it was at $25 bucks and the pumped stopped, so i looked in the tank and pumped some more and kept going and then theres a little hold on the left inside of were the nozzel goes in and some bubbles/some gas i think came out of that...i didnt know what it was so i stoped pumping the gas.. it took $27.77, i think its pretty full, cuz my gauge is off some but what is that little hole on the side? is it like an overflow?
    curious!?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

That's the vent for the tank. It's just a big loop. It's normal for fuel to come out of the vent when getting near full.

And I hope you were pumping diesel fuel, not gas! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Diesel foams really bad, so it's normal to have the pump shut off several times before you get full.

Casey

3. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

And I hope you were pumping diesel fuel, not gas! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Diesel foams really bad, so it's normal to have the pump shut off several times before you get full.

Casey

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thanx man, i was kind of worried..yea i was pumpin diesel..i was at a another gas station awhile back and here all diesel pumps are green and a guy that worked at the store saw me grab the green pump and freaked out! it was funny, he was all u cant put diesel in that thing it will ruin it.. then i told him it was diesel and he was all schocked and said he never saw a diesel blazer before! i get that alot here, i havent ever seen another blazer like mine !!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You get that "You got a Diesel WHAT?" alot too? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You get that "You got a Diesel WHAT?" alot too? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yea.. nobody really knows that some blazers had diesel in them.. just yesterday nite i took the top off my blazer and was at an intersection and some guy in another chevy truck drove next to me and asked what i had in it and i told him diesel and he was amazed.. he thought it was a chevy truck cuz the top was off! it looks bad ass with the top off..and it sounds good 2!! hehe /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif