Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel return line best options please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetk30, May 14, 2005.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have to plumb a return line for the fuel injection setup on my old car and was looking for the best way to plumb the return line. it has a small sender with no real room for a second line in to it. thanks for any and all ideas .:cool1:

well info for ya to help me : 73 ford mustang and new gas tank no fuel yet. sender is in the side and no real room for bulkhead fitting on top of tank as its under the trunk pan. i know its a ford but its moms can so any help would keep me from the dog house if you know what i am saying thanks.

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    "T" into the gas filler tube.That's what I did when I put in my TPI.

[​IMG]

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Depending on what it is, you may be able to find a sender from a different model that will fit the tank and has the extra return line.

You can also get sealed bulkhead connectors to add a return line in the top. I've seen them for fuel cells and I don't know why it wouldn't work for a regular tank as long as you have a flat spot to mount it.

One thing to think about with the return in the filler neck, or a bulkhead fitting that does not have an extension to the bottom, will the aeration be a problem? Particularly when the fuel volume is low? I'm not real sure. It would be terrible with diesel fuel, not sure how bad it would be for gasoline, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good thing...