Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel return line questions

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Shannon, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Shannon

Shannon Registered Member

Looks like I have a fuel leak at one of the injectors. Third one back on the LH side. I don't see how a leak would develope between the fuel line and injector fitting and it doesn't leak right away, takes maybe 10 seconds to start dripping. I think it's the return hose. Looks like maybe 3/16 line. Do I have to find the braided line or will regular fuel line work? I don't see any type of clamp holding it on either, does it just slip on the injector barb? My Haines book isn't much help on this one.

Thanks
    Shannon

2. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

Mine have spring loaded hose clamps. I got a set of new hoses and clamps from a standyne(sp?) dealer for around $30. The rear lines are a PITA.

3. Shannon

Shannon Registered Member

Thanks for the response CC. I will pick up a line kit tomorrow. Last night I picked up some 3/16 fuel line and found out the OD is too large. Won't fit between the barb and injector body. The old hoses just pull off on mine, no clamps. One end of the hose was cracked. I trimmed it back a little and put it back on. Seems ok for now.

Shannon

4. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I had a very difficult time finding return hoses when I replaced all mine. The OD was either too big or the hose too small to fit over the injector nipple. I ended up finding Mercedes braided fuel line that worked excellent at a special auto parts store. He charged me 10 bucks for about 5 ft. of it. I got lucky. You can also get it from the dealer (haha) if you want to pay big bucks for it.