Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel return lines at injectors?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by FWP, Sep 21, 2004.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Are they just rubber fuel line with a protective sleeve? I have the one with the plug in it that leaks, Figured I would just replace all of the lines. Where do you get it, and what's it called? Thanks

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I see a lot of people reference Kennedy diesel for his fuel return kit, I think it does away with those little clips.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's not plain rubber. Apparently it's some sort of neoprene and GM is awfully proud of it. If you can find it somewhere else it'll likely be a lot cheaper.

Rene

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

diesel injection service. I cant remember the exact web site, but do a google search on it and it will come up. They had the whole kit for pretty cheap, i think it was arround $11, and that included the copper washers for the injectors

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks for the info guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I don't have time to order over the internet, I'm gonna hunt around at the local shops today to see what I can come up with. I'll post up what I find...

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Found it. It is fuel line commonly used on older VW's Diesel applications, obtainable at your local import auto supply. It is NBR (Nitrile Butyl Rubber) with an outer cloth sheath. It will hold up to diesel fuel, as will Neoprene, with similar characteristics. NOTE of warning- Will NOT hold up to Biodiesel. FYI

P.S. Google it and you'll see where I got this info.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Good job Fred...useful info for everyone else too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

8. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    Good job Fred...useful info for everyone else too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm kinda suprised there isn't more of this kind of stuff here on CK5. There's lots of cool stuff about a gasser, all over the board. Very little Diesel info /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I'm confused from reading the above. Will the factory return lines hold up to biodiesel?

10. dieselponyexpress

dieselponyexpress 1/2 ton status

Living in Germany, I'm practically depended on the VW (& other german) products.
    I discovered that the lines are diesel resistant, but because of their metric size are just a little bit smaller in diameter than the original ones. So the extra stress let fail these lines about every 2 years.
    Therefore I kept an extra meter of the lines as a spare with me.
    No big deal, just FYI. :cool1:

Walter