Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel sender and gauge question

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by BlueOx, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

I’m in the process of swapping in a TBI system from a 92 or 93 GM truck to my 85 and have some questions about the plug that plugs into the fuel-sending unit. I looked at the fuel sending unit on my 85 and I only have two wires; one to the frame and one to the gauge. I looked a 91 sending unit and it has a plug for with two wires and a single wire. I gather the single wire is the frame ground but the plug is what I am having problems with. I found that one of the wires on the plug is a power wire for the electric fuel pump and I thought the other was the wire for the gauge but I traced the wire in the harness and found that it too is tied into a ground wire.

If anyone can shed some light on this subject I would appreciate it. I was thinking about tapping into the ground wire in the plug but who knows. If anyone has a book with wiring diagrams in it could you please
    take a look at it for me?

Thanks,
    Charles