Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Sender

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive got an 89 with a 350 TBI and the gas gauge is broken, the problem is the fuel sender is shot. LMC wants 300 dollars for it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and no other parts stores i know of will sell it for less than 200. Can you guys give me a hand on this one

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

First off, did you make 100% sure its the sender? Not the ground, not the sending unit wire, not the gauge, and not the printed circuit board?

If you've done that, do a search for a repair procedure posted not more than two weeks ago for sending units.

Finally, if that fix doesn't work, someone can probably post the GM part number, as I recall someone looking them up on GMpartsdirect.com for just over $100.

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

junk yard. or the parts for sale section. they usually dont go bad... mine was original from 79 and it was fine up till the day i scrapped the tank.