Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel supply and fuel pump questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirtwarrior17, May 11, 2005.

1. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I changed my plugs last night and they looked like they had been in a chimney and not a motor. Right now i am running the accel 45 psi pump on my tbi setup with no inline regulator. Holley says their tbi comes with a 9-22 psi adjustable regulator but i can't figure out how to adjust the thing and i need to get a better inline regulator anyway. My gripe is that i just paid 3k for this motor and all the aftermarket stuff and i can't get it to even run. It fires up REAL strong then just never stays running... its run without the air cleaner on but when i put it on it just fires up for 2 seconds and sounds like it floods out.

What adjustable regulator should i get? Is there one with a spot to put a guage?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

http://www.cfm-tech.com/ have adjustable regulators and guages. The adjust should be on the injector pod somewhere. Been so long since I've messed with a TBI throttle body I can't picture it.

What injectors are you running? The Holley ones? Just wondering if you had 454 injectors or what.

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I just called holley and they said i have to drill into the cap and pull it off then i can adjust the psi.

Is there a fitting that will mount right up to my 5/8 line and work with a 1/8 gauge. Or should i go down to ace and piece together an adapter?

4. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Its the ones that come with the holley 670 cfm tbi... 80 pph IIRC. I just pulled the air cleaner off and found out why it wouldn't start... 2 blown injectors!