Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel System Ideas?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Nov 21, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I think I'm gonna buy a fuel cell for my blazer. I'll put it right up against the tailgate after I bob off the rear end. I want to run a filler tube to the outside, possibly using a stock filler door operation. Mount it to the floor.
    That's phase one, no problem there.

What I need to know is what lines, hoses, ect do i need to make this work? Does gravity play any role in the running of lines or can I exit the tank, go straight down thru the floor and run in the stock location to the engine? I know NOTHING about fuel systems except for hearsay that they're tricky. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Allright, I'm not letting this get to the second page yet. Yeah I know, it's cheating, oh well. Get over it. here's the page of the cells i'm looking at:

http://www.jazproducts.com

The pro sport, pro sport 2, circle track, remote fill, and pro trap all have a 32 gal tank option. Plenty. Could use some advice on what to get there as well. The metal ones are cool, but the plastic ones are cheap. WHAT TO DO....

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

ok here goes,,
    when you hook up your fuel cell you will need a "to" and "from" line!!!!one going to the fuel pump and one returning from the fuel pump,,and even possibly on returning from the carb....beings the fuel cell will be inboard you might consider on one that has a bladder in it so if somehow the tank get's cracked you won't have raw fuel in the cab...the plastic tanks should be all you need and you can even add other lines from it just by drilling and adding an outlet for I.E. washing your hands on the trail after a fix or lighting that all important camp!!!fire!!!it really depends on what you prefer....happy hunting

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Laketex, seeing how the rats most likey have eaten through all your hoses, I'd go witha electric pump, mounted close to the cell. and a return from the carb (for overflow purposes)and run all new lines under the truck

Your bud WK

5. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

I don't care how well the fuel cells are built, I wouldn't want one in the truck with me!