Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel tank diesel to gas

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by R72K5, Mar 16, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

anything i should know about fuel tank on diesel burb when swapping to gas engine, how should i go about fuel conversion as far as fuel tank and system ?

thanks for anything

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Why swap the diesel out?/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

cuz i know nothing about diesel and it wont start, so im yanking itout and scrapping it cuz no one wants it unless someone wants to trade me a gas engine for it ? id have to know by in the morning or whole truck goes scrapyard cuz i dont really feel like pulling out and swapping engine, ive got at least four clean doors that probably gonna go to scrap also with it plus other stuff, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    is pretty clean truck for IL truck, pass side door has rust through is only thing i notice wrong really with body, all i saving is 4 core rad, already got it out

i found out its an 82 or 3 truck, thought it was old style, oops
    thanks

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

What a waste of a 6.2. Prolly nothing wrong with it...

Air in the lines would cause a no start, so would bad glow plugs or GP relay. Honestly I'd fix it...

Rene

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i dont know anything about diesel, never have touched one, so i have no clue, they whole different league, i found out that its something to do with a couple wires melted behind engine at top of it or something that need repaired then i guess would be ok

found out it is 82 or 83 i thought it was old style for some reason, hmm.. and i just forgot if it has turn sigs in bumper or not, hmm.. so i stand corrected.

update: posted in parts and trucks for sale board, til in the AM anyways, am just trying to save a good chevy from total waste

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Air in the lines would cause a no start, so would bad glow plugs or GP relay.

[/ QUOTE ]

And/or a roasted starter caused by hard starts (caused by above).

Mine was getting air in the lines after sitting 2 hours or more - typical filter base leak. It must have been a problem for some time... previous owner had receipts for a recent starter and batteries. Starter died not three months from the invoice date. Probably the reason he was selling the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    fuel tank on diesel burb when swapping to gas engine

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really want to downgrade... ( /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) .... Empty it, (flush it if you want) and fill with gasoline. Heard of guys putting a quart of engine oil, ATF, whatever into a tank of gas - can't imagine a little diesel would hurt any.

7. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

My offer still stands to help you figure out whats going on with it. Im sure we can figure it out.