Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel tank door question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4by4bygod, Feb 5, 2004.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Hi all!

The hinge on my fuel door has broken, leaving the thing hanging open as I go down the road.. anybody have a solution? Is there a way to get to it without dropping the tank?

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i just ripped mine off when it got that bad. the door it attached to the body ther should be enough room to get you arm in there from the bottom. you can take the fill hose off easy, two bolts from the out side. you shoudl be able to move it out of the way then.

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i messed with one on an 87' and it was a beeotch, or i was going about it wrong. just giving u a heads up. good luck. ps, that little piece of metal sure is strong spring steel, lol. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys!

Once it gets above freezing here, I'll take care of it. BTW, where is Galva IL?

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

its kinda between galseburg, il and moline/quad cities, il. thats about as good idea as i can give ya. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have a pass side door setup in real nice shape if you need ?

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

<<its kinda between galseburg, il and moline/quad cities, il. thats about as good idea as i can give ya.>>

I'm not familiar with the area.. I ask because my father in law lives in Mt. Vernon, IL, near the town of Blueford IL, which is not far from St. Louis. I thoght you might be near there.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

<<i have a pass side door setup in real nice shape if you need ?>>

Well, the door itself that I have is in great shape. What I don't know is if the part I can't see is any good. Is the fix just a matter of replacing a spring, or does it get involved to the point of needing a whole setup? Thanks for the offer, I guess I won't know until I get under there if I need it or not. BTW, what are you asking for it?

Thanks, Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif