Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel tank for bobjob

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Dec 6, 2001.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Thinking of bobbing my blazer... and i want to install a fuel cell in the bed (20-22 gal.) Whats entailed in the install? Plumbing? Whats a sump? How will this all work? Do i run fuel lines in cab, through the firewall? Im considering a bob job like LakeTex. any help is greatly appreciated.
    juanito

chrome really sucks

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

top...cause I dont know how either.

MTPockets (robbie) emailed me how he did his, but I can't find that mail now...[​IMG]

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

The fuel cell, depending on what make you go with should come with brackets to mount the cell down. To plumb it, just get a install kit from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.summitracing.com>Summit </a> It should come with all the hose, fittings,pump and filter. The sump is the portion of the tank on the bottom where the fittings come out, it is called the sump becuase it is the lowest point in the tank. DON'T run the lines in the cab. Fuel and passengers don't mix.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's