Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel Tank Vent Pipe?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bross82, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

I recently dropped my gas tank to swap out the sending unit and while dropping it there was a pipe connected to the fuel tank vent hose. The pipe was bent in the process of removing the tank and so it looks like it'll be kinked if i try to put it back how it was. If i want to replace it can this be ordered or bought somewhere? Between LMC and chevyduty, they seem to carry anything else I would want for this area, except this one part.

To try and better describe it....it looks like it goes, the filler neck, the smaller vent line coming off of the neck, the 5/8" vent hose and then this pipe the hose fit on to. This pipe was going through the small tab on the side of the neck coming up out of the top center of the gas tank.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Took me a few seconds, but I think I understand what you are talking about.

On the K5 tank diagram here, it's part #8, correct?

http://dyeager535.topcities.com/partsmanual.html

Take that part number over to gmpartsdirect.com and see if they have them still. I bet GM has discontinued it, but you might get lucky.

I would think even in the rust belt though, that the pipes can't be that hard to find in wrecking yard trucks? Or someone else here can send you one, (probably one of the cheaper options) I've never seen a bad one out here. (out here meaning my real home, seattle area lol)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  3. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

that's exactly the part. i'll post back up if i have trouble finding one.

thanks!

4. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

this fuel vent pipe... is it really necessary? is there any reason not to just run a longer fuel hose?

Thanks,
    matt

5. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If your looking for an opinion; just use a longer rubber hose.