Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel tank vent tube question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Mar 3, 2005.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Did the search thing and still have a question. On the top of my tank, there are 3 tubes coming out of the sending unit. I pulled the tank and sending unit. I know that one is for vent, one is for fuel pick up and the other possibly return.

When I was looking at it, I seen that one was terminated inside the cover on the top of the sending unit cap. Had 2 tiny holes in it. I take it this one is the vent, right??????

Thanks,
    James

Sorry, being arrogant and stuck on myself again............

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I believe what you are talking about on the underside of the sender with the two holes in it kind of looks like a bell or something? Yes, thats the vent line for EVAP.

3. 79Stomper

Okay, that was what I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks. Would really hate to have pulled the tank again to troubleshoot fuel delivery, once was enough.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i had mine out tuesday... pump crapped out monday night in the snow storm..

the whole time i was pissed because i'll be dropping it again in about a month for my flip... at least it'll all come apart easy..

found why it fuels slow too, has a kink in the fill.. the factory fill hoses are cheesy.. when i pull it for the flip, i'm gonna swap it over to some killer marine stuff...

5. 79Stomper

Yeah, I have to replace the 5/8" section. I got disgusted with mine today and took a razor to it. It was a pain doing that by myself but after a little redneck injenuity (sp?) I figured it out. Wasn't the prettiest but it worked.

I was looking at that today too, saying it sure would be real easy to do a flip right now. Maybe next year I will get rid of the 6" springs and replace with a flip and another spring combo.

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

the one good thing on mine was Murphy didn't show up... i had less than a 1/4 tank. ;) made it much more managable...