Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel tank

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lukerz, Jun 27, 2001.

1. lukerz

lukerz 1/2 ton status

Hi all,
    I have questions about my fuel lines. I have two lines on my fuel pump and two lines on the tank. I was thinking about installing the canister but I don't know where all the $@#$@ lines go to. Is it just ok to directly hook up the large line to fuel pump and the small line direct as well? Looked in my manual and it is no help at all.
    Thanks
    Luke

83 K10 from 76 K5 & 83 C10
    Th350 Np203 355 CID
    31 X 10.5
    Plan on 2" body lift

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

The canister hooks up to the third line that you are missing from the tank. My 79 has three lines from the tank. On large and two small. The large is the fuel feed. One of the small is the overflow (bypass) return from the fuel pump and the other is the vent that goes to the canister (part of the pollution control). Hook up the lines big to big, small to small from the pump to tank. Forget about the canister. Use a vented gas cap or you have fuel feed problems. Another option is to get a newer sending unit with the three lines.

3. lukerz

lukerz 1/2 ton status

Wow this is great news.Just buy a vented gas cap. Thanks so much.
    Luke

83 K10 from 76 K5 & 83 C10
    Th350 Np203 355 CID
    31 X 10.5
    Plan on 2" body lift

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Unless you have to pass emissions test. With a vented cap you will fail. Just fyi.