Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel tanks?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stroked72Blazer, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

what fuel tanks will fit a 72. I need to replace my existing one but if posible would like a larger tank.

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Mosesburb owns a 72 K10 burb...he up fitted the used 31 gallon tank from my 79 K5 when i put in a baffled tank during the tbi swap...might pm him for pics and thoughts.

Father inlaw has a 71 k5...aftermarket 40 gallon tank....but those hang way down...

DW

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I bought a http://www.nwmp.com/ 37gal tank from them. It wasn't cheep but it came with everything needed. I had to remove the rear crossmember(or move it back, I have my hitch back there so didn't need it)and cuz i have a 3" body lift i cut off the mounting tabs from the new tank(voiding warrenty, oh well) and welded some angle iron a bit lower(this is what touches the bottom part of the frame when you tighten up the mounting straps) so the whole tank sits up nice and high. I then fabed my own skid plate. I have some pics in my gallery here...anyway I love the range I have now! I can keep on truckin for 4 1/2 hrs down the freeway were before I was stoping every 2hrs or so.
    Good Luck

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I still have the second gen tank sitting on the side of the house, when I start putting my TBI in I'll put a new fuel pump in it and hang it...I'm going to fix the spout to face to the drivers side as it now faces the passenger side...
    Just think, 300 miles between fill up's...not 200... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif