Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Jan 17, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok on my 76 blazer i have the stock 350 with aluminum intake, headers, gear drive, flows, and 600 manual choke carb, what i was wondering is i have a fuel injection set up off a 88 i wrecked, works good but dont know if its worth the hasle, also i seen that holey has a carb out designed to help get fuel when your rock climbing or have the vehicle running not so flat on the gound, what would be best for me? i plan on running a few trails prob nothing over a 3, but playing in alot of mud, and just showing off now ans then, i honestly dont have the time or the money to get in to the level 5 trails, and get to crazy with it, just wonderig, tahnks guys /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I thought that the Fuel injection upgrade was well worth the effort. Ran much better and gave me better low end performance.

3. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i think that geardrive might give a false signal to the Knock sensor And make it run rich sound like your motors to built to use factory FI what cam do you have ,compression etc. etc. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. purple76pearl

im running the stock 350 that came out in 76 has almost 100,000 on it original miles, i hones it, over sized rings, new gaskets and so on, but the intake, carb, headers, rv cam, gear drive, and flows with turn downs, i love the way my 87 cranks right up, and the fi i have is off an 88 so its the same, didnt know if my 76 would benifit from it or have more trouble then its worth, im prob running 8:5/1 if im lucky, its a dog thats why im putting 456 gears in it /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. yellowK20

Well It should work then except the gear drive might give you problems I'm not sure if an 88 would have a knock sensor or not /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. purple76pearl

any thoughts on new fuel injection, off oh lets say my t/a my brother wrapped around a tree? FRIENDS DONT LET FAMILY DRIVE YOU'RE /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif VEHICLES

7. yellowK20

What year?? maybe you could just swap the whole motor /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. purple76pearl

LT1 OUT OF MY 97 T/A HAD RAM AIR, IT WAS THE BIG BOSS, ONLY PROB IS WIRING, THATS ALOT OF COMPUTER STUFF TO CHANGE, ANYONE KNOW HOW TO WIRE? ILL WIRE YOUR STEREO UP IN TRADE, LOL /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. yellowK20

That's obd2 isn't it I think that motor also has the crank trigger ignition I'm sure somebody out there has done that swap before that would be one bad rig with an LT1 motor /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif