Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuels starvation problem seems to be fixed.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by docgab, Jun 28, 2003.

1. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Greetings all,
    After getting rid of the inline filter, replacing the carb fuel filter and new rubber lines, I was still having starvation problems when going up hills. I ran another tank of gas through the truck thinking perhaps it was some bad gas/crap in the system that I would eventually flush out. No go. I finally broke down and replaced my fuel pump today and all seems well. I took it for a short drive up the hill right down the street and it went up twice with no apparent problems!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks to whoever recommended using a saw blade to hold the push rod in place, worked like a charm. I delayed on the fuel pump because the people I talked to in person said that when a fuel pump goes, it just goes. I can vouch for that not always being the case! Once again, thanks to all who helped me get this fixed!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Glad to hear your problem seems to be fixed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Most of the times when a fuel pump goes, it does just go, but I too have been one of the few that has had one slowly go out, was in my 71 monte carlo, when i did replace it, found out i was only running about 3 lbs of pressure in the fuel line /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif so yeah, they can slowly go out.