Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

full circle clips for 10 bolts ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Mar 11, 2002.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Does anybody make an upgrade for the c-clips on 10 bolts ? I thought I saw something in one of the recent 4 wheel magazines about it, but now I can't find it......... Anybody ?? It made it sound like you could use these full clips and eliminate the undesireable c-clip ?

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Riz... I really don't think the C clips are undesirable because of their shape. It is more because there is jus a think clip holding in the axle and if the axle breaks the trie flies off. Save your money and get a forged steel cap for the driver's side cap and ARP studs. New bearings and aftermarket Superior or Moser axle shafts would be a great upgrade as well with the aftermarket gears you have planned.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I always thought the c-clip elminators were more for street driving and on cars then 4x4's?

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

You are probably thinking about full-circle snaprings for u-joints on front axle shafts. I have never seen any upgraded c-clips for rear axles. The c-clip itself is not really the weak link, it's just that if a shaft breaks there is nothing to retain the attached wheel to the axle housing.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

These are the type I was thinking of I saw...<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moserengineering.com/moser_interior/products.asp?CatID=2>C-Clip Eliminators</a>. I was thinking about them but then like I said was told they weren't for off roading applications. If you are worried about your axle shaft shooting out if one fails switch to rear disc brakes... that'll keep it in! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif