Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

full convertible conversion no donor blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by texasorangek5, Dec 3, 2006.

1. texasorangek5

texasorangek5 Registered Member

ok i finnaly have the money to cut the half cab off my blazer.... i was wondering if any of yall have cut half cabs off with no donor blazer?? with no donor blazer i will have to make a bracket on top of the windshield to connect the soft top to the blazer...

any one done this?

picutres of bracket ??

any sugestions?? (i have looked for 73-75 blazer in my area for the past 6 months none to be found)

any help would be great

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Unless you are a bodywork god, i'd say get a donor. It willl never line up or seal properly without one. If its just to wheel, maybe, but if you plan to DD it or care about how it looks, the donor approach is best.

3. pin_it_to_win_it

pin_it_to_win_it Registered Member

If u are just going to be using a soft top all the time, i say it can be done fairly easy. But i would get a donor if u ever plan on using a full hard top.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

The soft top will attach to the top of the regular cab K5. The kit comes with a bracket (if you buy the fasttrack style of top) that gets screwed to the top right behind the windshield that the top locks into. You would also have to cut your doors down and I would recommend using the end caps from a 73-75 if you can find them. It can be done I believe I have seen it on here. I also plan on doing the same thing as I do not have the space to store nor can I find a 73-75 windshield frame but I will only run a soft top.

Ira

5. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

you're in dallas, right? if you're looking for a donor blazer...I have a '74 I'll sell you, in ft. worth. pm me if you're interested.

6. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

oops, missed the soft top part. That makes it significiantly easier.

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

You can also contact a company that makes convertibale tops for pickups like AIM Industries the can send you a front bow and get them to send you a new set of installation instructions for a chevy pickup. AIM INDUSTRIES 800-682-TRUX
    or e-mail CHASSIS TECH WHOLESALE joe@chassistech.com