Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

full floating kit

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by younggunblazer84, Oct 11, 2004.

1. younggunblazer84

younggunblazer84 Newbie

are they ever going to make the kits again, or does anyone know where i could get one, for 12 bolt.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I doubt it will ever happen. I'm surprised they still build axles at all. My best solution would be to look at having ferd 9" housing ends welded to your axle and use their 9" full floater kit with 30 spline GM inners and the heavy duty hubs. They might not want to sell you the shafts but double splined shafts are not hard to get.

Andy Byrum (don't know his screen name, K10andymatic maybe?) has a FF 12 bolt that may not be the best match for his new D60F so you could contact him for a used kit/axle.

Verify that warn builds the 9" FF kit before you act on the above plan.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The speriors in a stock design shaft are yeilding awsome results, and a cheaper alternative to the Full float kits (if available). You should snap a driveshaft/u-joint or ring/pinion before the axle lets go on you.

4. younggunblazer84

younggunblazer84 Newbie

thank u for the info im going to look into it i like the 12 bolt rear ends good clearance. everyone always says 14 bolt. anyways thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Running a good semi float shaft should work pretty well for you, the full float is a nice measure of protection against a big problem (wheel coming off at speed) but the semi float superiors hold up well to 35-ish tires.

6. the general

the general Registered Member

full floaterkitt

if i am correct drivetrainsuperstores.com sells them for about $650 (12 bold GM) they are advertising with it soo they should have it ! i want this kitt too, and i have tried too contact these people but they did not respond regards Patrick(The Netherlands):laugh:

7. CARL

CARL Registered Member

??Eaton 12 bolt Full Floater kit

I had the technical sheet on a kit to install a full float kit on a GM 12 bolt...just have not gotten that far on my project. They should be out there if I have the installation instructions in my barn.:cool1:

8. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

CARL...POST JACK... SOMEBODY ON HERE OR PIRATE WAS JUST LOOKING FOR A CLEAN CREWCAB,,, I dont have your email and you arent accepting messages

cam