Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Full-Hydro Complete & Kick'n A**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DougK20, Apr 16, 2005.

1. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

Got 'r Done! My full-hydraulic steering is in & works like a dream :saweet:

Tried it out on a club trail ride today and was extremely impressed at its performance. Regardless of rpm, tire pressure, or terrain, I was able to turn lock-to-lock effortlessly. I thought for sure it was going to rip those tires right off their beads in the rocks! Even though it returns to center great, there was absolutely no bump steer or wandering in the ruts. The trail included several miles of fast dirt road and even at 40+ mph, it drove awesome. I may install a cooler someday, but todays fluid temperatures never warranted it. Though, I am curious how long the stock tie-rod will hold up before I'm giving ORD a call :grin:

Just showing that ya don't need a 60 & 40's to enjoy the benefits of full-hydro. Though when those parts come, I'll be ready :waytogo:

I do agree, it's NOT for everybody and it's NOT for the street...

BTW: It's really tough to make all those hoses fit & look good :D

Hydro Parts Used:

Howe Single-Ended Ram
    Sauer Danfoss Steering Unit
    Howe TC Aluminum Pump w/ 6" Pulley & Head Mounting Bracket
    Howe Reservoir

Purchased from:
    Howe Perfomance
    HBRK 4x4
    Local Hose Shop

Today was also the maiden voyage for the 52's, Tom Woods front shaft See Here, rock sliders, bucket seats, fully clocked t/c, and the "no bed" conversion. Everything worked awesome. Just got to get the tubed shock hoops & spare tire carrier done.

Special thanks to TwistedJack (bottom pic) for all his help!

(Nice spare tire, dude... Yeah, good eyes. Some dork (me) sliced the claw unloading it from the tow truck at the trailhead [doh!] Can't stand a miss-matched set... Time for some 38's I guess :cool1: )

Ram Installed.jpg

Ram Upclose.jpg

Pump Top.jpg

Hoses.jpg

Doug.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Nice setup man! Looks expensive :grin:

Jealous

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nice, where did you get the stuff? Think I am going to go full hydro with a single ended ram as well.

4. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

looks good, i'm looking to do the same thing. how many turns lock to lock? what did it run you?

5. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

It's about 6 turns lock to lock. Sometimes I wish it was a little faster. Other times I'm glad it's not.

The prices are all on Howe's website (follow the link up top). It wasn't cheap. Maybe that's why it works soooo goooood :D