Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Full Hydro Steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by petryshyn, Apr 14, 2005.

1. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Well i am thinking about this swap. I started looking at the actual boxes and the prices are fairly high. Well i was thinking their are alot of tractors around here that use hydro steering, mabey i will get one off those units. Shouldn't be to hard to find in saskatchewan. Well i am wondering if anyone has expierence from what tractor it would work, and if this is a plasable idea.

Thanks.

2. lziffle73

lziffle73 Registered Member

I used one from a Gleaner combine, the box is at the base of the steering shaft inside the cab, on our John Deere combine it's attatched under the cab. With my box and 4" travel on my cylinder I had 3 turns lock to lock. You will need a steering box with 4 ports, the 2 port style isn't what you want. With my setup I could still turn the tires with the engine not running, it was tight but I could still steer. I threw my power steering belt once and was still able to steer and get around for alittle while, it was harder than manual steering but still useable.

3. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply, helps alot.