Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Full range speaker opinions.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, May 5, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The fronts I'm getting are 2-way speakers. Now for the rear deck I can get 6x9's in either 2-way or 3-way. I'm going with the Kicker KS series. I do have a Kicker L7 sub in the trunk. Just don't know if I should get the 2-ways or 3-ways for the rear deck. (Note; Kicker doesn't make a 3-way 4X6 in the KS series, or I'd go 3-way up front.) (Note 2; The KS series is Kicker's top of the line full range speaker that'll fit my car.)

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Nobody has a opinion ???

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

if they cost about the same, id get 3way. your not going to notice much difference tho being a rear speaker, the 2way would do just as good a job IMO. 3way might sound a little better for the rear seat passengers since this is a car's rear deck and not a cargo area like a K5.

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

KS-46 fo the front and KS-96 or KS-693 for the rear deck. Yes, car, 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS coupe (2-door). KS series speakers http://www.kicker.com/05/05kicker.html Click on "Products" the "Mids and Tweets" then click on KS, then specks, then coax and 3 way.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Very very rarely do I ever have back seat passengers, but I do fade the music to the rear, just because I like most of the music comming from the rear.

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

if you like to hear the music from the rear, i'd get the 3way's

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think I will. I like the music comming from all around, but I like just a tad bit more from the rear. Guess it's because I grew up with just a pair a speakers in the rear of a car. Might just have too get These KS693's off Ebay