Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Full skin fabric door

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Apr 20, 2005.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about some kind of door that would have a full shell that would seal around the door frame, just like stock, used the factory lock and handle /push bottun mechanism (only with the handle part cut off) but had a removable canvas/waterproof fabric with a sewn in window. I was thinking you could wrap the material around the entire door and then have snaps on the inside edge of the door all the way around to snap it to. This way when it rains (you never know when in Oklahoma) you could have a waterproof door and then for the calm after the storm you could pull the fabric off and viola! you're practially doorless. Plus all the added features of a way to lock it.

Something like this only with the push button and lock
    [​IMG]

2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

good idea, keep us posted on the progress. What kind of fabric material are you planning on using?

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ohh I have no idea as to what fabric yet. This town I'm going to college in has crap for fabric supply places. So when I get back to Tulsa I'll have a lot more options.

I was looking online and found some material that could be used as windows. They had the clear and the smoke too. I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff or similar that is used in Heeps.