Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

full time 4wd question np203 transfer case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nwk5blazer, Jun 13, 2002.

1. nwk5blazer

nwk5blazer Newbie

i have a 75 blazer and its got the crappy full time 4wd on it still, i removed my front drive line and it won't go into gear when i have the transfer case in 2hi or 2lo, only 4hi or 4lo.....any ideaS?

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I don't know why it works that way, it just does. I have the same thin gin my '74. I had to work on my front drive shaft and I had to lock it into 4 HI before it would move. If I didn't, it would make all kinds of bad noises /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . I ran it that way for a week. It didn't seem to hurt it, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. I am waiting till I can afford a 205 so I can do the doubler /forums/images/icons/smile.gif .

3. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

It's because there isn't a 2hi-lo on a 203 just 4lo/loc 4lo N 4hi 4hi/loc. in 4hi or 4lo there is a differential action that transfers power to which ever axle needs more. In 4lo/loc or 4hi/loc it splits the power evenly between axles. Which means that in 4hi or 4lo your T-case thinks that the front axle is spining and sends all the power up front. So pull the stick in to 4hi/loc ( all the way back twoard the seats ) and you'll be fine. I'm running mine that way with the manual hubs ( add on ) unlocked and it runs fine.I hope this has answerd you question. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and I agree on the doubler so save that T-case if your thinking of geting a 205.

4. nwk5blazer

nwk5blazer Newbie

whats this doubler thing you're talking about?

5. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Is there an article on installing a NP203 doubler with a 205? I'm sure there must be some text on this. Any ideas?

6. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

CHECK WITH BILLY RAY ON THE DOUBLER. HE JUST FINISHED IT UP.
    HIS WEB PAGE IS www.baloo.rockcrawler.com
    HE HAS PICS AND ALL THAT STUFF

7. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ever try the search button? This is a weekely subject. Should be about 1000 posts on this.
    Transfer cas has a diff in it. missing a drive shaft it won't go in anything but loc. Sounds like it works just fine.
    It's only the second strongest case ever offered in these trucks. must be junk because you don't understand how it works.
    Both of mine work great with over 300k on each.
    Welcome to CK5 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif