Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

full time 4x4 to manual hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Jan 19, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

i have a 76 k5 and right now it is a full time 4x4. i am planning on putting manual hubs on it within a week or so. i have seen kits that seem like you just switch the hubs and a bearing or two but i wasnt shure what else is involved... it has a d44 in the front... also is it worth it to put a locker in the front. after i put man. hubs of course. its gonna be a dd with alot of mud use and pulling stuck friends out..

Something like this is what i was thinking of. also people who have done this switch before, what all is involved, how hard is it to do? i havent had much experience with this sort of thing.
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=12051&storeId=10001&categoryId=15289&parentCategoryId=11281&langId=-1

2. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

the hubs are easy, those should come with instructions

however, if you don't install a part time kit in the t-case, you would need to keep the t-case in one of the lock positions anytime you have the hubs unlocked, or the truck won't move