Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

full time conversion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigmeats, Aug 13, 2000.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Im going to convert my np203 to part time. Just looking for the best kit to do this with. The only ktwo kits ive found are the one by milemaker and the superwinch. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Thanks, Bigmeats.....1975 Blazer

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I've read that milemarker makes some factory parts for transfer cases and that they have been in the business for a long time. They have a kit that replaces the output shaft. This kit cost more, but I have no doubt that it will be top quality and give you no trouble if properly installed. My only knowledge of superwinch is with thier winches and locking hubs, both of which I don't have a high opinion of.

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Put an milemarker kit in a 78 k-10. They make two kits, one replaces the spider gears and the other one replaces the entire tail shaft. I put the first one in 2 years ago and it is still doing well. The gear replacement one is also alot cheaper. Unless you are doing some serious wheelin I would go for the spider gear replacement.

4. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

thankyou very much!!!