Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Full time front axle convert to part time

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fourwheelinj1, Jun 7, 2003.

1. fourwheelinj1

fourwheelinj1 Registered Member

I have been looking for a set of 3/4 ton axles for a long time now and i have finally found set from a 77 3/4 ton but the front axle is a full time dana 44. How easy is it to convert this type of axle to manual hubs. I thought i read something about having to have the axle machined to fit the snap ring of the manual hubs and that sounds expensive. What are the part numbers for the warn premium hubs to fit this axle and the superwinch ones? Also i see people talking about flat and closed knuckles and i don't know what that is. Will the dana 44 have the right knuckles to bolt right in to my 85 blazer? Thanks for any help.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think you just need the manual hubs, and the spindle nut coversion kit. Shouldn't be to hard. I think the kit is around $25.

-Brian

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I's get a set of narrower tires before trying anything else

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What the heck is up with your idiotic tire responses?

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah you just need manual locking hubs off a part time axle, but without converting the 203 case to part time internalyl you are just unlocking the shafts from the hubs and on 203 trrucks the shafts always are powered at all times, so youll still be turning shafts but at least will be able to unlock the hubs from them, but keep in mind that in hi or lo without loc the case differentiates front to rear dpedning on which axle has traction, until you put it on one of the two loc ranges, then both axles get the power to them no matter what

cant help with the tires thing ?? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    good luck

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

But he is putting it into an '85. That would have an NP208-ie already part-time.