Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FULL TIME HUBS?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ecreipevad, Apr 16, 2002.

1. ecreipevad

ecreipevad Registered Member

Last Night I fell into a set of 3/4 ton axles for $200.00. The 44 has full time hubs. My ? is. Is it just a matter of putting lock out hubs on it, and which Brand? I'm getting the u-bolts and spring plates,( if that's what they are called) is there anything else I should get from this truck to save me some time and money? Other than the obvious like bearings and seals, should I do anything else to these before putting them in? Thanks for your advice and patience!!!!

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Brakes, redo the brakes. Also you can use any manual hubs, I recommend Warn Premiums. Thats what I run, and I really like them. Beyond that is just the normal, bearings, races, axle ujoints, etc. I would highly recommend changing the axle ujoints while you are changing the other bearings and hubs. Better done right the first time then having to do it on the trail.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Slap a set of the Warn Premium hubs on it and you're good to go. Keep one of the full time drive flanges in your tool box. This way, if you do manage to bust a hub out in the boonies, you can replace it with the drive flange and still have 4WD. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif