Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Full Top Conversion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fireplug, Oct 6, 2005.

1. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Hi guys. After the deal to purchase a '75 fell through (and losing my deposit I might add) I've found a nearly complete full top roof with A posts and doors, and roll bar. I am very seriously considering this project and while I have read the 'how to' article I am seeking any first hand opinions of the finished project.

Also, the only part I would be missing is the fibreglass (I believe) part that sits on top of the door sill. Does anyone know if this part is available for sale? I need to make an offer on these parts soon and I'm at work where I can't download the LMC catalogue. Any help is always appreciated. Jason.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

LMC lists the lower door caps, but they're crap IMO. Flimsy plastic rather than fibreglass.

How did you lose your deposit? :ears:

Rene

3. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I live in Toronto, the seller is in Vancouver. The truck sounded and looked good via email pics so I figured I'd take a chance. He was going to drive the truck to the train station and I would pick it up on my end. We talked about a deposit but I told him I would just send full payment asap, as there would only be two days separating the two payments. All I needed was for him to fax a receipt and a lien search to my bank. When he balked at spending $10 for a lien search I suspected I had a problem so I sent the $500 deposit right away. Well he sold the truck in the meantime and hasn't returned the money. Weird thing is, it looks like he just placed the ad for his truck back in the listings. I'm thinking maybe he just can't be bothered to send a fax and drive to the train station? He seems like a nice enough guy, and answers and returns my calls and emails, but no $$$.