Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fullsized land is fun

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Jan 19, 2005.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well my K-5 is running AWSOME now. I replaced the cap rotor plugs and wires on it. It realy needed new stuff. The plugs i pulled out were all black and had the gap widened .050, the cap had 2 broken towers and corosion on every single terminal. The rotor was in no better shap either. Whith new stuff it idles alot smoother and has better power, I was coming out of the chow hall last night and gave it some gas and it just let loose and sent the K-5 sideways. It was awsome. Thankfully no SPs were around:blush:
    So far i love this truck, it may be twice as big and get half the millage of the LUV but it has 4times the power:D

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

A 305 has 4x the power? :blush:

I should let you drive the Orange Blazer... another 4x the power at .0000675% of the fuel economy.

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

no thanks allan remeber the last time i tried to drive that blazer in Down River days...:cool1:
    Oh and by the way, answer your phone! I need to get a new carb for the K-5.

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I know who you are! Didn't know you were on CK5. When you get that K5? I need to do the same thing to my engine so I can fire up the engine, run that compressor, and get rid of that flat tire!

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

That was when it had that oil burning 350 that wouldnt even run anymore. Now it has the 454, well, 454 #2 in it. (468ci to be exact)

That 350 that was in it when you tried driving it 2 years ago had about 1/4 of the power of the Luv's 4 cylinder.

My cell phone is dead. I'm lacking any runnable Q-jets carbs. Even the one on the '84 truck that has the plow on it needs to be gone through.

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Hey man, if you need to get rid of that flat i would be willing to take it to the gas staition either in the LUV thats on the side of your truck or in my K-5.

7. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I just need to slap in my new plugs and wires and fire it up. I've got a york, so once I get it started I'll be able to fill it up. Hopefully it will stop raining for a little this weekend. Thanks for the offer though.

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

what motor number is that 75 on now? 7? That and the wheel falling off and what not. Did Nathan ever own that rig?

9. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Hey Dillon, I tried to e-mail and pm you, but it says that you have specified that you don't want to receive messages.

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

alrighty i fixed it. Sorry about that:blush: