Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fully Topless 73???

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Calclips, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    is there such a thing? I found a K5 that the guy wants 1900 for, I think he said that its a 73... but its a fully topless. Also, where should I look for rust, the drivers and passengers floorboards are solid, so is the rear tailpan and tailgate... just some rust above the wheel wells. I think that for 1900 bucks with a 465 and a 205 this truck is a pretty good deal. It has a freshly rebuilt 305 (who rebuilds a 305????) in it, but it comes with everything but rods and pistons to make a 350.

2. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

73-75's were also full convert's like the 1st gens. Did you scout out the rockers for rust? Thats the one area that comes to mind at the moment.

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I've still gotta go and do my "full inspection" today before I buy it, but i'm pretty sure that the rockers are solid. I scoped out the underside of it in a gas station parking lot and the floorboards and rear cargo area floor pans were all replaced and very solid. The only rust that stuck out to me was the rot around the tops of the wheel wells (that rust is okay, because when I trim the fenders to fit big ol' meats under there I"ll cut the rust off /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

here ya go...mike [​IMG] the "full convertable 73 [​IMG] see my rust above the rear... [​IMG]