Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fun, about to format and reload my computer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by or2play, Dec 29, 2003.

1. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Well, I've been dreading this. My computer is bogging down way to much. And I have a lot of extra baggage on my hard drives. So time to wipe it and start clean. I will say, with win xp this is the longest time I've had a installation of windows on a computer. little over a year.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

its easy, ive done it a billion times, its cake walk, the way i do it is go to DOS and just typ ein fdisk and delete the entire partition and then create and set as primary a new one and then install windows it will format for you and everything its cake walk, youll be back online in a couple hours tops

good luck

3. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Oh ya, I've done it billions of times too. Its just I've got so many programs and games. Gotta back up all the saved games and all the other files. Then reinstall everything. Its just time comsuming. Got it back up running last night. Had windows download all the updates overnight. Still have to update all the drivers and reinstall pretty much everything. Oh well. Its for the better

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've had the same installation of Win 98 for over 4 years now.../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I used to reload every 6 months or so. I've found it easier just to clean out the registry and other junk now and then.

6. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

must be the second edition... I had the first version of 98 for a while. Could barry go 4 months.

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've had Win98se ever since it came out and have only had to reinstall it once /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Just kept up on the cleaning of the reg and typical maintanence and everything has ran smooth /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif