Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fun at the hospital today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Dec 1, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Had to go in for a cat scan to get the yea or nay on my hernia. I had to arrive an hour early (unknown to me) to drink this liquid. It was a berium liquid that they used to help identify and tears inside. I had to drink 1 cup every 15 minutes. An hour later the nurse takes me down the hall and tells me that I have to get an IV so they can add a dye while I'm getting the scan. Luckily she gets the vein the first time unlike when I had my other hernia operation in March. My arm and hands were like a damn pin cushion. So, I get the IV needle in and she tells me I can go back around the corner to the waiting room (about 20 feet away).
    As soon as I sit down I started sweating and feeliling light headed. Next thing I know I'm being helped off the floor by 3 people. 235Lbs of dead weight /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Nurses say my blood pressure dropped too fastafter I got the IV and that's what caused the blackout. It was a freaky feeling for sure. I don't remember falling to the floor but I remember trying to get up but a chair fell over on my too and I couldn't tell where I was

Not on my list of recommended things to do again /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Wussy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Big Scary Man Falls Down, News At Eleven

Hope you don't die!

4. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Almost reminds me of the first time I had that IVP dye for a kidney x-ray. All of a sudden my chest got all tight and I couldn't breathe. At all. So now I know I am allergic to iodine. I was a young lad and it was really scary. Don't want to do it again!

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I had to go through the same sort of test while i was in boot camp. When i did it they would not let me eat for 24 hours. Generally that is a hard thing to do but imagine doing it in boot camp /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I was walking around dizzy for two days after words
    /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I went in for some sort of test back when I was about 9 years old.. and they had me drink a big cup of barium. Man, that stuff was nasty. I told the nurse that there was no way I was going to be able to drink it. She kept telling me, pinch your nose.... just drink it down don't stop, all that crap. I insisted I was going to barf if I did that, and she said i would not...

Well, I tried to chug it... and projectile barfed every drop out. If I would not have felt so bad, I would have had to grin at the site of her cleaning it all up.

I never have had to drink that stuff since then, and I hope I never do. I may be able to drink it now... but it stnads out as a bad childhood memory.