Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fun in the Dark

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

And the story goes....

Tonight I finished closing out the final (I hope) property from an Estate liquidation. An old wood boat from the 1950's. The buyer is coming up from Texas and is supposed to arrive last night or early this morning. So I clear my schedule and the guy doesn't show, wasted 2 days waiting.

Tonight at 7:30pm I get a call from this guy letting me know he's just pulling into Denver and wants to load up this evening. He is still a good hour away. So I agree to it because I want to get it done and I figure he's prepared. He has an enclosed trailer with diesel tow rig and the boat is on a trailer. I figure we roll it in and away he goes. WRONG.

First he gets lost and ends up in Lyons about 15 miles past Longmont where the boat is stored. By the time he calls and my wife gets him turned around he's pulling up at 9:20pm. So we make our intros and he comes back and looks the boat over. The storage is not on the city utility so we are out there with a propane lantern. More dicking around and it's 9:40. so he's ready to load up now but lo and behold, the guy wants to build a friggin cradle for the trailer tongue. I'm talking about cutting boards and chocks then screwing them into the trailer floor. I thought my head would explode but I guess I was too tired by then. Next thing you know this dude is out in the street with his skillsaw cutting 2x6's at 10:15pm with my propane lantern for light. WWWWwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrraaaaaa. Then he's friggin driving screws at 10:30 to 11:00pm. RRRRrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr / RRRRrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. This is a tightly packed residential area and I'm just waiting for the Po-po to drive up or a neighbor to start shooting.

After all this BS he wants me to throw in a free propeller he spots in the garage. Also wants me to rewrite the bill of sale and reduce the sales price so he can avoid tax. I'm thinking either this guy is deluded from driving all day or he's a complete ass monkey.

Finally we get the last outboard loaded (he had to wrap them in comforters and plastic) and the guy pulls away at 11:45pm. And here I am, 12:20 am. Yee friggin ha.

Oh yea, I just remembered. The guy was burping up undigested sausage fumes in my face for the duration.

2. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

Is the cement plant in Lyons still operating? I used to work for SW Portland Cement, until they sold out to the Mexicans.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why does "go to hell" come to mind.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Yes, Portland is still out there. I imagine they will be for a while, the demand for concrete around here is fairly high. White gold is what I've called it for the past 5 years now. The mixing plant in Longmont down on Nelson moved though, don't know if you remember that place or not.

My thoughts exactly. Some days you work with outstanding folks and enjoy every minute of it. Other days you get the kind of people that you consider setting on fire.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm sorry, but I would'a lost it!:mad: