Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fun in the sun- new Kayline!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GMC4by4, Sep 11, 2000.

1. GMC4by4

GMC4by4 Registered Member

Well, I got my new Kayline Softop installed and got the leaks worked out and the fitment problems worked out. I also fixed the front brakes which were dragging. Took the wife and the dog down to SE Virginia over the weekend with the top down (the K5, not the wife) for my cousin's wedding. WOW!!! What a blast! I'll post some pictures of the soft top as soon as I get my scanner working. Get this... I got 15 MPG on the trip with a 350 and 3.73's!!! Got a lot of looks from people stuck in their post-91 hard top Tahoes, Yukons, and Denalis. My only problem really with the soft top is that I have to keep my alarm on, my club on, and remove my stereo faceplate every time I leave the truck anywhere. Next year's project will be a nice big sunroof. Can't wait!!

-Rick

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

TUFFY SECURITY PRODUCTS MAKES A GREAT CENTER C0NSOLE WITH LOCKABLE PANELS. THEY ALSO HAVE A DELUXE SECURITY CONSOLE THAT LOCKS THE RADIO INSIDE THE UNIT. THE STEREO DOES HAVE TO BE REMOVED FROM THE DASH AND PUT IN THE CONSOLE. I PLAN ON GETTING 0NE AND LEAVING THE STOCK RADIO IN THE DASH SO IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE AN OLD FASHIONED RADIO. JUST THOUGHT I LET YOU KNOW. WWW.TUFFYPRODUCTS.COM PART NUMBER 017 FOR $244.

DAZED AND CONFUSED IN A 74 BLAZER

ZEPPLIN

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

AARRGH!! I'm still waiting for my soft top! Its supposed to be here in 1 week (Murphy must schedule their shipping) When I ordered it I was told 5-7 days. Well 10 days after paying for it they tell me its back ordered and won't even be shipped until the 15th or so.

I can't wait for mine! I don't care if it is'nt summer anymore.

Can't wait for the pics
    Rene

[​IMG]

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Good to hear you like your top. I love mine. I plan to keep it on this winter. Shawn and I were talking on the phone, be sure to buy a good protectant for the windows and the fabric. This will make sure your top will last a long time. I am crappy with a camera, but you can see my top on the main page under the Kayline Review. I really dig my top. I have taken it offroad and had great results too. I was on a trail that was almost too narrow for Jeeps!!! I did remove the soft top completely after driving about 2 miles down the trail, but it held up nicely when I had it on. It also removes in about 1 minute. That is about the best thing I have bought for my K5. Now, I just need to get those 3/4 ton axles in..... [​IMG]

P.S. Maybe you should load the pics onto your website, then link them to this page to help Steve with the Bandwidth problems. Email me some pics when you get them neilmarietta@toast.net

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I agree, buy the Tuffy you will love it if you have the top off, I have the delux model and have my Cobra CB installed in it, when I leave the Blazer, I simply pull the face plate off the stereo and through it in the console and lock it up. I hung my hardtop from the rafters in the garage last weekend and I don't plan on putting it back on, my heater works to good. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel