Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fun pulling my engine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yukon Jack, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

With the help of a couple good friends got my tired 307 pulled last night. I've put a few pics in an album named Pulling 307 at Picture page

Thankfully, I'm only saving the Rockwell T-221 transfer case. A bath is in order I think!

Here' what's going in. It's a poser pic, the goodies aren't installed yet.

[​IMG]

Do ya think the 454 will have a little more grunt than the 307?

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Looks good. I think you might notice a slight power difference between the two. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh, you might want to resize your pics to something smaller...I'm running off a T3 line, and it took about 5 minutes for them to load.

3. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

Looks great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I just set a 454 in my '72 last Sunday. Even though it's kind of like duct taping a hand grenade to the rest of my drive train, but I'm still excited. Mines not that purdy though.

[​IMG]

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Much better. Thanks for changing the pic setup.

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Congrats Yukon, I bet you can't wait to feel the power of the 454. It's gonna make that 307 look really weak. Good luck with the rest of the swap. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. st08x

st08x Registered Member

how much did u pay for that?

7. Yukon Jack

I bought a wrecked 89 1 ton with this motor in it for $800.00. The go fast goodies have taken the price tag up quite a bit, but the engine its self was pretty cheap for a running engine.

8. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Looks nice man, what kind of headers are those??

Will

9. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Dude.. It aint gonna fit in your rig.. PM me for my address and I'll return it after I figure out how to fit it in your rig...

10. Yukon Jack

Reddog64 - your PM must not be working, oh well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The headers are Dynomax Cermacoated for the 73-up. Just hoping I will get lucky and have just little, fixable, fitment issues.

I'm also kinda looking to see if I can locate a 73-87 engine crossmember and towers as I hear that makes header fitment easier. I assume that at the towers for the 73-87 differ depending on whether it is a big block or small block. Don't know yet.

The guys who helped me pull the front clip have me talked into going ahead and pulling the cab as it will make reinstall so much easier and the cab is already unbolted. Now they are trying to talk me into having the rust area's fixed now, does kinda make sense since it is all apart. Where's that darn $$$$$ tree?