Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fun tring to find problem!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cmoe, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Well wnet out to the k-5 this morning and started it. ran for about 2 min. then died. And I couldn't restart it even with "Starter fluid". She would crank but no firer.... So went to the part store and picked up a new cap, rotor, HEI coil, wires and plugs. Installed them all and still no fire... Barrowed a friends timing light to see if there was a spark....no spark..... Tomarrow I need to see if I can find the short..... Wish me luck......

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

2. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Check to see that the coil has power. If it does then your HEI ignition module is probably toast. These things are about $20 depending on the year.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It sounds like your module is toast. You can remove it and have it tested.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys I'll get a module and see if thaat fixes the problem. Didn't think of that one yet...

that was it!!!! it works again....

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by C'moe on 03/11/01 04:32 PM (server time).</FONT></P>