Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fun with the cops

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Sep 26, 2005.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Yesterday I took care of some issues with my front suspension and went to look for a good place to get it flexed out to see if everything was OK. Found a nice deep ditch in a vacant lot and drove my K5 in it to check the flex. Got a little air under the front tire and got out of the truck to see if everything looked OK under truck. So while I stand there looking at my truck a patrol car pulls in and the they tell me that it is private property and I can't be there and bla bla bla. I tell them no problem, I was checking some repairs and that I would leave right away, after I said that they started laughing and said well lets see you get out of there. I run a welded rear and locker in the front so I just pulled out of the ditch without any problems and they stopped laughing, I told them thank you and drove off. I guess they thought I was stuck and that they could have a little fun laughing at me while waiting for the tow truck. :D

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ha! awesome, its always fun to prove people wrong.

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

hehehe awesome.. funnier its the cops, but i have had that happen to me a few times just on the trial w/ some friends.. "NO WAY U CAN GET UP THAT!" and i end up towing his ass up it as well.. stupid 2wd fords! lol

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

some of the most fun I've had has been proving people wrong. It is usually simple things too.

"You can't fit a Suburban through there".... proceed to do so without a scratch to show for it.

The most fun(and stupidest) was when we used to highmark this snow mound at our local hangout(a grocery store parking lot). A kid got about 3/4 of the way up with his K10 short bed. I ramped up that thing, my front tires cleared the top of the mound, I was real close to 90* from the ground, front tires came down, made my high mark and back down I came.... God that was a really stupid maneuver... God I miss my K5... :haha:

5. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I went to high school with a guy who's now a cop. He was behind a lawnscape truck with a goose neck trailer with 4 mowers and all their other equipment. The truck had died on them. I saw it was the cop from HS and I said, I'll pull him out of the road with my truck. He said "I think he'd better wait for a tow truck to come and get him." He's gotten real cocky since he got a badge.

Anyways, I talked to the truck driver, told him I could pull him out of the road, he said great.

Needless to say, my truck had no problems. I did forget to say by to my cop buddy :rolleyes:

6. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

I once saw a Highway Patrol pull off the highway to try and pick up a dead seagull in the fast lane. Well he pulled off a little too far into loose sand. Then proceeded to bury it. He said he was gonna rock it out. I then put my strap on his push bumper and yanked him out. I made sure I got a little wheelspin to sandblast his car a little bit. He thanked me and went on his way...
    :haha: :haha:

7. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

When i i took my k5 to the beach (The Outter Banks in NC) i would go to the 4x4 beach and i would leave it in 2wheel and get stuck. Like within 30 seconds a heep or h2 would come over and act all tough and ask if i needed to be pulled out, then i would just put it in 4wheel and drive off.

I got stuck doing that in a parking alot. Went up a snow pile that was real steep, well i went to high on it and when i came down my hitch was just hitting the pavement, had to dig out my front wheels.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

When I was in school and driving between school and home (which I did weekly - laundry) I saw a trooper on the side of the road hit his lights as I passed (going 85 in a 65). I pulled over to wait for my ticket, but did not see him pull out. After about a minute, I backed down the shoulder to see WTH. He had the back end buried. It must have looked solid when he backed in.

I pulled him out, and he told me to drive slower. He was very happy not to have to radio in. He pulled me over about 2 yrs later and let me off again - same highway, same speed - because he remembered the truck. Moral - be nice, people remember.

9. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I was trying out my old K30 not too long after I bought it and was messing around in a county owned field. I had just idled up a rather steep pile of dirt and I noticed a dodge durango with lights a flashing coming over.

I stopped and waited while he floors it up this hill about four times -- dust flying all over, stuff bouncing all around inside. I was just laughing. When he finally got up on top he told me I shouldn't be there and I left - and he went bounding off after the pot smoking dudes in the Bronco parked up in the trees. :haha:

I was surprized that he didn't know how to drive his fancy machine off the road in a small rural county. I guess he must have been a transplanted city cop.

10. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i just got done putting my rear shock mounts in last night and was down at the local boatramp, i crawled up on the big granite boulder to see if the shocks were maxing out or bottoming out, so i get out from under the truck and there was a cruiser sitting behind me, he got out and asked me what i was doing and i sed seeing if my shocks are working right, he sed well the dont look to good and i sed actually they are doing great, then he asked me if i had anything to drink or did any drugs, i sed no, i didnt have anything to drink (wich was true), and the focker gave me a sobriety test, i passed, then he was walking around my truck and there just happens to be a bud light can under my truck, he told me he never wanted to see me in town ever agian. then asked me if i needed a tow truck, i sed no, backed off and drove away