Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fundamentals of Engineering exam anyone taken it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tx_sub, Oct 29, 2004.

1. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i'm taking the FE exam tomorrow for 8 hours. yay! any advice or tips? maybe wish me luck? thanks y'all. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like a long day! Don't psych yourself out and all should go well. In the last few weeks I've taken (and passed!):

The Series 7 - Registered Representative/Stockbrokers Exam - 6 Hours
    The Series 66 - Uniform Combined State Law Exam - 2.5 Hours
    The Series 31 - Futures Managed Funds Exam - 1 Hour

I've been hittin' the books HARD! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Next are the Life and Health Insurance Exams... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Good luck!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

DAAANG!
    my school is supposed to have a 98% pass rate. i know i'm not at the bottom of my class. i think i can take it again if i do poorly. at 115 bucks a pop. hey, its only money and we all have plenty of it right?

good luck right back at you for your other exams. then you'll make the big bucks

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Dude - that $115 won't mean squat once you get that PE behind your name. Good luck!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Good Luck man, it makes for a very long day. I took it back in 2001. Next year I take the PE exam. All I can tell you is take your time and I'm sure you'll do fine. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

thanks fella's. 6am is gonna roll around quick. adios

7. HarryH3

How'd it go? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

boy howdy! what a waste of a day. the first four hours went ok. it would have been better if i'd had a decent calculator. especially one with trig functions and exponentials, not like the pos four function i had. the next four hours, well, i'll not go into that. it was pretty bad. having a crappy calculator prevented me from working out at least 10 of 60 problems. i got about ten for sure. the rest i guessed. 124/180 i believe is passing. oh well, its time for several drinks. if i have to take it again, i'll be more prepared and have a good calculator.
    thanks for the support guys. you /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. HarryH3

So you don't get your score right away? All of the National Association of Securuties Dealers tests that I've taken have been computerized. The score pops up on the screen as soon as you finish the test. No wondering about how you did... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif