Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Funniest or Scariest Wheeling incident??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I know this has been posted before, but It always gets some good responces.

I's fourwheeling one time in the middle of NOWHERE, i mean this is WAY out in the middle of nowhere, and saw a car burning. Hadn't been burning long, it wasn't fully burnt yet. Never did see anybody, the road dead ends about 10 miles up the road, and we had already went about 10 miles. Kinda odd.

Another time me an this girl i was dating were fourwheeling, again pretty far from anything, and came upon abunch of vehicles sitting 1/2 off the road way. Just down from that in a clearing, was a bunch of people in trench coat looking outfits swaying back an forth in a circle around a fire. They had thier arms around each other an was just swaying. All dressed alike, I'd say it was some sort of satanic deal. Didn't stay around long enough to see what they were up too. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I was baha'ing a 4by furd ranger across a muddy pasture and didn't see the dry canal turning about 65, the truck dove into it at about a 45 degree angle from parallel, hit the other side , endoed 2 times, totally destroying the truck, breaking my nose and giving me a bruise across my chest where the chest belt was. truck lost two wheels busted the front axle in half shoved the engine into the cab ( through the firewall) and kinked the frame in half, I had to be cut out of it, but walked away, kinda! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I rolled my truck on its side and it scared the [censored] out of me. I was honestly afraid of my truck for quite some time after that, I was quite shocked when I rolled it.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Scariest... for the sake of a photo opportunity (didn't even have a camera with me), I threw the pretty Explorer in 4 lo and crawled up the side of this huge rock... This boulder was about 2 feet wide, and I had to climb up about a 2 foot side, at a 90 degree angle... My friend was in front spotting, since if I gave it too much gas I would drive off the other side, which was a good 3 foot drop, and would probably either wedge me between two boulders, or high center me to hell and back... That would probably go in the most nerve-racking category. I think I attempted it about 8 times before finally getting up. I kept getting almost to the top and letting off the gas, afraid I wouldn't get to the brakes in time... Would've made a beautiful picture if I had the camera with me...

Scariest... I had my friend, his gf, and her younger sister in my Explorer... we were out looking for a good camping spot, and we saw a washed out thing on the side of the road where some people had made some pretty deep ruts... we all agreed that I should go down it, and in my infinate wisdom, I decided to take a weird angle instead of going the easy way... That was quite scary, I was going and suddenly my rear driver's side wheel was a good 2-3 feet off the ground, and the front passenger side wheel slams into the ground... I thought I was going to tip over, but some fancy driving and more braking than gas, and I made it... I love having a lift kit, a stock Explorer wouldn't have made it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Funniest... Stuck in a couple feet of snow... I wasn't really wheeling, just having too much fun with 2 of my guy friends and some chick none of us knew in the truck... after 4 hours, $300, and a threat from the chicks dad to have us all arrested, we finally made it home... We went out at 11 PM, got stuck around 1 AM, and after taking everyone home, I climbed into my bed at 7 AM after telling my parents (who were getting ready for work) about my adventure... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Have to admire something that humble coming from you man!

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Have to admire something that humble coming from you man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rolling my truck was a humbling experience.

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Scariest, almost rolling my blazer at 40 mph in the desert. Got a little sideways on me, and while sliding the left side hit a bump and threw the truck onto the right side tires, which were also sliding very hard since it was sliding hard to the left. Well, left side went airborn for about 25' and i drove through some creosote bushes that were over 6 feet tall.

Funniest, trying to roll my samurai at the end of after shock at the hammers and failing.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would say my funniest is when I almost rolled my truck FORWARDS on a downhill slope at badlands and I accellerated out of it. I didn't think it was that scary, apparently my friends who were at the bottom of the hill didn't think so!

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Funniset? I got stuck on top of my dads grave in the snow once.........

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Funniset? I got stuck on top of my dads grave in the snow once.........

[/ QUOTE ]

too much, man..... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

One time above Donner Lake, it was night, by myself, no commo, I was wheeling up a steep mountain, loose rocky trail. I came to a point where I decided I better go 4Lo. Let off the brake and guess what, I didn't hit 4Lo and ended up going backwards about 50 feet before the locked brakes overcame the loose surface.

The other one happen just a week ago. I was in the department Blazer and was hauling ass down a dirtroad going to a call and hit wet clay. Lost control, went off into 4-5 foot high weeds and for a second, the nose was pointing to fence. Finally regained control and continued on my way.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Just down from that in a clearing, was a bunch of people in trench coat looking outfits swaying back an forth in a circle around a fire. They had thier arms around each other an was just swaying. All dressed alike, I'd say it was some sort of satanic deal. Didn't stay around long enough to see what they were up too. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i once cam apone these two guys shaved heads whereing a lot of beads and sitting on this big rock next to a river just after a water fall flowing into a small lake, they sat there with silver bowls about 6 " across with a little water in them and rubbing the rim with a wooden handle of some sort it made this weard vibrating humming sound.

still freakes my buddy out THE BOWL RUBBERS!!!

i once tryed to get around the studering frenchman who parked his car right on the road to this little trail it was on a huge embankment and i had to stop halfway because my wife was in hastarics and crying. so i was stuck. and my stupid jeep and ford friend took me fom half on the road to half way down the hill truck was past 45* had it chained to a tree only thing that keeped it from rolling have a pic in my web shots /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Mine is stupid funny.

Me and four of my buddies were driving around the mountains one winter in a little bronco II. First off this was back in high school and we were all starting o-line. So you've got 5 200+ guys in the little bronco, the one guy was 300 so he was riding in the cargo area. That alone was kinda funny in retrospect.

Anyways I digress. We took this side rode to a little picnic area which was down a steep snow packed hill. Needless to say, we could not get back up. We all tried pushing and maybe got the truck up halfway, then it slipped sideways and ended up sliding back against a tree.

A couple of guys walked up the main road and down to a lodge. A maintenance guy there offered to come help with their 4x4 jeep plow truck. He got us up, but in the process got the plow truck stuck on the side of the road against a tree in deep snow. While trying to get out of that situation, he burned up the auto tranny they'd just had rebuilt. We ended up giving him a ride back.

What a fiasco.

14. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

This just happened last weekend. I was going up a very off camber section on a steep hill. My tires kept losing traction and I didnt want to turn the front wheels cause that would put me into a huge rock on the right and if I turned them the other way Id wipe out the drivers side on a rock. So what did I do? I opened the door to look under the truck to see what I was up against. While doing this my truck rolled backwards a little catching my open door on a tree. This opened the door farther than it was designed to open. It still works ok but but its a little outta wack.

15. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well, first time i took my truck wheeling, some fairly deep, watery mud, well more water than anything, with the truck in it, the water would have been about the bottom headlight on the front (this was w/ a 4" lift and 33's). Anyway, went in, and hooked a rut over to the left. Left tires are on an embankment about 5ft (guestingmating) and the right tires are sinking into the mud. Truck is at about a 45-55 degree adge (enough i was holding onto my door to not end up laying on my friend, who was layin on my pass side door). He was freaking out, like OMG YOUR GONNA ROLL. I didnt think about it really kept gittin it. Then once on other side, stopped and was like........OMFG WHAT DID I JUST ALMOST DO.....

16. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i think the dumbest thing we ever did was go wheelin in a SUPERFUND site......barefoot /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

where i used to go on a regular basis,a guy used to hang out thier in full camo.net over his face and all.we thought it was funny, sometimes you would see him sometimes ????? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The funniest thing I have ever seen while wheeling was one time me and my buddies where at a large hill in some Southern California canyons where a lot of people would gather to try and climb it with their trucks. Well, this one kid who had snuck out his parents brand new Isuzu Trooper tried to climb it.

This kid obviously had no experience wheeling because when he did not make it to the top, he tried to turn it around on the side of the hill about 300 ft. up. As he tried to turn it around, the Trooper started to slide sideways down the hill. The kid freaked out, and managed to climb out of the Isuzu while it was precariously perched sideways on the hill.

The kid was frantic, and about to completely loose it because his parents brand new Isuzu Trooper, which he had snuck out, was about to roll down the hill. The Trooper started to slowly creep sideways down the hill, when it finally tipped over, and started barrel rolling down the hill. The kid ran down the hill following behind it all the way screaming "NO NO NO NO NO NO".

When the Trooper finally hit the bottom in a heaping pile, it caught fire because the battery had broke loose from the hold down, and grounded the entire electrical system. The kid just sat there screaming..."NO, NO, NO." "THIS ISN'T HAPPENING." "MY PARENTS ARE GOING TO KILL ME." "SOMEBODY WAKE ME UP, THIS IS A NIGHTMARE." "PLEASE SOMEBODY KILL ME?" "I WANT TO DIE."

It was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I would've laughed so hard if I had seen that happen, I wonder how he explained that one to the parents /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

20. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

If I was him, I would have taken my sorry ass home, crawled into bed, and let the cops figure out how that Isuzu got there. Well at least that's what I did when I totalled my mom's car out after sneaking it out one night. Ah, the stupid S#!^ we do as teenagers. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif